GHA Certificate on completion
₹47,200/- Including GST
Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy(SBRT) & Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
About The Course
SBRT has been used to treat tumours of the lung/thorax, thyroid, pancreas, liver, colon, uterus, pelvis, sacrum, kidney, prostate, and thyroid. To practice SBRT, practitioners must undergo training and acquire the necessary skills.
SBRT's most important features and reported advantages compared to other forms of external beam radiation therapy (EBRT) are the use of high-dose radiation, the delivery of one to five fractions within a few days, decreasing the overall length of treatment, and improved treatment response. SBRT can be difficult to administer because of Inter-fraction or Intra-fraction movements within the body.
Hence SBRT practitioners need to undergo training and acquire the right skills to practice this procedure. SBRT can be delivered by dedicated and non-dedicated linear accelerators. Hence, hands-on practice on the equipment is also essential for aspiring practitioners. In this course, we cover all aspects of SBRT and all sites.
- Online Lectures (pre-recorded and live)
- Online live interactive sessions
- Learning materials will be available through learning management system (includes PPTs, notes, further reading, videos, etc.)
- Hands-on training
- Build a team to implement and practice SBRT
- Understand the technical and physical requirements for SBRT
- Know the clinical rationale of SBRT and its limitations.
- Understand the radiobiological basis of very high fraction doses
- Know the details of indication, practice, and outcome of SBRT for early-stage NSCLC
- Know the current clinical evidence for SBRT in the various clinical indications
- Each module consists of 3-4 sessions (each session consists of a 90-minute online lecture), including a live interactive session with the course director and faculty and a minimum of 1 hour of self-learning through the online educational materials to be provided by GHA.
- A learner must learn Module 1 (Basics of SBRT) plus at least two of the 5 optional modules.
- Participants opting for all 6 modules to be covered in 09 – 10 weeks, will be offered 5 days of hands-on training at reputed training centers (Mumbai and Bengaluru).
Download Brochure For More Information
Our Course Faculty
DIRECTOR - CENTRAL PHYSICS
PRESIDENT ELECT - AROI