45 – 60 Mins per session
GHA Certificate on completion
₹ 17,700/- Including GST
Dental Rehabilitative Oncology
About the course
Dental Rehabilitative Oncology is a discipline within dentistry that combines general dentistry, maxillofacial prosthetics, oral medicine, and oral pathology to provide practical/hands-on experience and close training along with the Head and Neck Rehabilitation Team.
The certificate program is to enable students to:
- To educate and screen patients for prevention and early detection of potentially oral malignant diseases and oral cancer.
- For dental rehabilitation prior to the start of any cancer treatment (Surgery/Chemotherapy/Radiotherapy/Immunotherapy/Bone Marrow Transplant/Organ Transplant).
- To prevent, control and treat odontogenic Infections in cancer patients.
- To restore the lost functions of mastication, phonation, aesthetics, and psychological comforts with a multidisciplinary approach.
- To restore the functions of the oral cavity post-cancer treatment with maxillofacial prosthodontics.
- To manage oro-dental complications caused by cancer and cancer treatment.
- To effectively communicate with the concerned doctors and paramedical staff.
- To refine their research ideologies and skills.
Aim of the course
- To provide state-of-the-art training to enable oral care for cancer patients.
- To qualify dentists aspiring to pursue a career in an Oncology Centre.
3 Months | 21 Online Sessions | 45 – 60 mins / session
The candidate should be BDS/MDS graduate.
Dental Oncology is an area of dentistry focusing on the dental and oral manifestations of chemotherapy, radiation therapy and/or head and neck surgery. The discipline deals with evaluating patients before they undergo stem cell and bone marrow transplants, receive anti-resorptive medications (including bisphosphonates) or chemotherapy, and undergo radiation treatment.
Additionally, dental oncologists provide periodic care during and after cancer therapy. Dental oncologists not only provide general dental treatment, including restorative dentistry, but they also treat and manage the dental and oral side effects and sequelae of cancer therapy such as mouth sores, thrush, and dry mouth.Dental Rehabilitative Oncology focuses on Maxillofacial Prosthodontic Rehabilitation as well.
Download Brochure For More Information
COURSE MENTOR AND FACULTY
DIRECTOR, YESHASWI CLINICS
OXFORD DENTAL COLLEGE
Oral & Maxillofacial Physician,
Department of Dental
Rehabilitative Oncology, HCG Hospitals
Chief of Head & Neck Surgical Oncology and Robotic Surgery, HCG Hospitals
Dean, HCG Academics